Yep, you read it right. Make your salad with an InstaPot.
They say your eyes eat before you do – this visually appeal, mouth watering dish could be served as a powerful breakfast to kick start your day, as a light lunch, or as a side for dinner.
1/2 cup slivered red onion
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/2 tsp coarse salt
6 strips bacon, chopped
1-2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
8 large eggs
2 tsp coarse grain mustard
1/2 cup avocado oil or grapeseed oil
6 cups baby arugula
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, toss together onion, vinegar, 1/4 tsp of salt. Cover and let stand at room temperature while preparing the salad.
- To toast walnut, heat a skillet over medium heat, stirring until fragrant and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- On a 6-quaret Instant Pot, select Saute and adjust to Normal/Medium. Add in bacon to cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes. Press cancel.Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon when cool enough to handle.
- Carefully pour 1 cup water into the bacon grease in the pot. Add sweet potatoes and pace eggs on the potatoes. Lock lid in place.
- Select Manual and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Use quick release.
- In a large bowl, combine water and ice, filling halfway. Carefully transfer eggs to the iced water to cool, about 10 minutes. Transfer sweet potatoes to another large bowl, set aside. Peel eggs and thinly sliced or halved or quartered.
- Drain onion, reserving vinegar. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/4 tsp of salt. Slowly whisk in the oil until the dressing is well combined and thickened. Drizzle the potatoes with 1/4 cup of the dressing and gently toss to coat.
- To serve, place baby arugula on plates, top with sweet potatoes, eggs, drained onions, and bacon. Drizzle with extra dressing to taste. Sprinkle with walnuts.