Certain foods are a choking hazard to small children, especially those under the age of 4. See below 4 foods you should avoid feeding your baby and toddler under 4 years old.
1. Whole Hot Dogs
- Go with nitrate-free hot dogs
- Cut into noodle-like strips
2. Large Chunks of Meat, Cheese, or Fruit
- Meat usually takes a bit more chewing. Cut them into small pieces no bigger than the size of our fingertips.
- Slice or shred cheese.
- Serve riped fruit.
3. Whole Grapes
- Babies cannot take whole grapes, or even halved. Slice them or better yet, puree them.
- Honey can contain spores of bacterium which can be too harsh on baby’s immature digestive system, hence causing fatal illness or allergy if consumed.
- Wait until after they turn 1 year old.